Class of '67 Reunion

This is the Reunion blog for the Saint Bernard High School Class of 1967. Welcome! This is an independent site, and is not affiliated with Saint Bernard.

Friday, August 30, 2019

Charlie Hennegan's email!

I have received many notes from SBHS "67 classmates regarding the Get Together last week at Barbara's Beach. They are unanimously positive, but this one.... takes the cake! From Charlie Hennegan in California.

"I gotta tell Tom I think I had as much fun as anyone at last week’s event at Barb’s Beach and I DIDN’T EVEN ATTEND.  Hearing the stories, seeing the pictures, reading the comments…what fun!  I enjoy event minute of it.  And being a former Guthrie Beach beachboy who clean that beach for several summers  make it extra special.
Thank you and the entire reunion  team for making these events happen.  It’s fantastic.
Your friend and classmate,
Charlie H."

Here is my response:

Hi Charlie,
Ok.  This may rate as the greatest response we have ever received!  Bar none!!
Thank you, Charlie!  We missed seeing you this year, and your presence would have made the evening complete!  Trust me on that, because your name came up repeatedly, and we all fondly remembered your presence at Captain Scott's last year!
We very much look forward to having you join us again at some point in the not too distant future!  Not to mention your legendary performance on the dance floor with Lucille at the Reunion in 2017 (attached)!  Where did you get those moves??  Inquiring minds want to know!
All the Best to You in continuing good health and happiness,
Tom



This message just made my day, so I am going to share it here! Charlie, who lives in California these days, attended our Get Together at Captain Scott's last summer. He had some serious health issue shortly thereafter, but he has remained in contact with us. I received this message from him tonight, and I wanted to share with you all. If there was ever a reason for this Committee to continue doing what we are doing..... this is IT! Thank you Charlie, and all the best to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment